Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chess on QuizUp !!

'Quiz up' for Android has been rising on the popularity charts among varied android users and their non-android user friends. It's this app where you can challenge anyone on the globe on a topic you are fluent in and so is your opponent, to test your wits in the same field. Unlike battling it out with your roommate who is the better Star Wars fan with some facts, and trash talk Quiz up rates you on exp and points !!

So recently a new trend has been emerging among my friends here at college, where we challenge each other at quizzes of random topics from The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Football, EPL, Cricket, Riddles, World capitals, word jumbles and so on. So I tried my hand at 'Chess' and here are some of  the questions and my results with random chess fanatics over the globe.


So here is how it starts for those who don't know. You play in real time with an opponent who also wants to play the quiz of the same topic as you.

Once the app finds that opponent, you both will face the same 7 questions and each question must be answered within 10 seconds. The more time you take to answer the less points you earn!
Very similar to a buzzer round !
Rounds 1 - 6 are worth 10 points each and round 7 is a x2 bonus round, 40 points worth.





Below are my results..







If you are android user, challenge your friends to a chess quiz. You can also challenge me, Tanay Hargunaney is my user ID.

Just for fun!!
Continue playing, Enjoy learning!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment